ABOUT (Curriculum Vitae)
Solo and Featured Exhibitions
- Canada Centre, Metulla - July 2009 in conjunction with the World Jewish Ice Hockey Championship
- Bayit Hagvul, Metulla – February 2009
- Horace Richter - Jaffa– September- October 2007
- Sheraton –Tel Aviv –May 2004
- Suzanne Delal - Neve Zedek – Solo exhibition within framework of Bomer Dance
- Competition – May 2002
- Tapu’ah V’Etz –“The Peace Sign” - Balfour School Gallery – January 2002
- Eshkol Payis - Bet Hashmonai - May 1999
- “Yefet 28” - “Lennon’s On Sale Again” - Jaffa April - May 1996
- “Tapuach V’Etz” - Gallery of Balfour School, Tel-Aviv March-April 1996
- Yad LeBanim - Rishon Le Zion January 1996
- Yad LeBanim - Rehovot August 1995
- Moshav Movement Gallery - Tel Aviv May-June 1995
- Art Focus - Ephrat Gallery - Gordon St., Tel Aviv October-November 1994
- R. A. Art - Jerusalem with Yigal Tumarkin June 1994
- Gallery Rubint - Gordon St., Tel Aviv April-May 1994
- Tara Gallery - Kibbutz Ga'ash April 1993
- Leicester Festival - One Man Show June 1978
Selected Group Shows
- Dr Fischers Envelopes for Peace Exhibition – March 2013, England
- Israeli Art Exhibition -Bank Hapoalim –March 2011
- A Cup of Coffee - Horace Richter Gallery - Jaffa - December 2008 - January2009
- Gilda- Horace Richter – Jaffa - August 2008
- Immigrant Artists exhibition - Jerusalem Theatre - September 2008
- Second International Sand Sculpture Festival – Haifa – July 2006
- First International Sand Sculpture Competition – Haifa – June 2005
- Azrieli Towers – Tel Aviv – March 2004
- Sheraton Moriah Hotel -Tel Aviv- January –February 2004
- HaPoal Sportiada – Royal Garden Hotel – Eilat – September 2001
- Tel Aviv Museum of Art - “Second-hand”: Original vs. Reproduction March 1997 - January 1998
- Cooltan - “Pay Roll” - Elephant & Castle, London - November - December 1997
- Cooltan - Brixton, London July 1995
- National Sculpture Exhibition at Kibbutz Farod September 1994
- Gallery 13 - Soho, New York 1993
- ArtExpo - Javitz Center - New York March 1993
- E.L.I. - Israeli Assoc. for Child Protection - Group Show - Tel Aviv Hilton 1990
- Commonwealth Institute London Group Shows July-August 1978 and 1979
- Betzalel Academy of Art - Jerusalem
- John Cass
- Leicester Polytechnic (Simon de Montfort University)
- Hertfordshire College of Art and Design [with John W Mills & Michael Gillespie]
- Old City of Jaffa Art College - 1990- 2004 – bronze casting, mould-making and welding
- Old City of Jaffa Art College - 1994-2004 - sculpture and techniques-“reshet”, plaster, clay, welding, plastics, etc
- “Du Siach Organization” 2001-2002 - I volunteered to give a special course in drawing to encourage dialogue between religious and secular artists.
- The Computer Art College, Tel Aviv–head of art department 2000-2002 drawing, painting, sculpture and animation
- Meimad School of Art, Tel Aviv 1986-87- sculpture
- Seminar for artists from Moshav Movement- May 1995
Imagine-Shalom book accompanying Lennon’s On Sale Again [with Michelle Baharier]
- Radio Radius 100 FM - with Rivka Michaeli April 1996
Galei Zahal (IDF Army Radio) May 1996
Radio Radius 100 FM - English Show May 1996
- Gvanim - Cable Television - Rishon le Zion January 1996
- Local cable television program - Rehovot August 1995
- Tevel - Cable Television May 1995
- Tevel - Cable Television July 1993
- Haaretz- July 2009
- Mekomon- July 2009
- The Jerusalem Post-weekend supplement The Metro June 24th 2005
- The Jerusalem Post – weekend supplement January 21st 2000
- The Jerusalem Post - City Lights May 3rd 1996
- Maquette [published by The International Sculpture Center] March 1995
- Building and Architecture [Hebrew professional journal] No. 41 1995
- The New Aliyon (a journal on Israel) - Featured in article on immigrant artists - April 1997
I was born in England in 1956, where I studied art. I immigrated to Israel in 1980 where I have continued my art, developing my sculpture techniques and ideas.
I continue to perfect my ideas and in addition, I teach sculpture and techniques in casting methods, metals, welding, plastics, plaster and cement. My own work involves sculpture, installation and non-traditional art methods, such as the eight meter high sand sculpture I built as a collaboration piece on the Tel Aviv beach.
In 1994-5, I was commissioned by Emilio Pellus, head of EDF Construction & Investments Ltd., to create 24 pieces, each one 3 to 3.5 (10-12 feet) meters in height, depicting figures from the Jewish Diaspora of a hundred years ago, for his Carmel Shuk 2000 project in Rishon-Le-Zion.
In 1996, I collaborated with British artist Michelle Baharier on an installation titled “Lennon’s On Sale Again”, which is a multi-media experience, using sound, sculpture, collages, projections and poetry.
My sculptures have been widely used in films and television dramas in Israel, and were part of a special long-term exhibition at the Tel Aviv Museum of Art.
My works are in many private collections in Israel and around the world. MK Meir Shitreet, Cabinet Minister, has five of my sculptures in his collection.
I am currently working on a series of large-scale sports sculptures at the Wingate Institute, in which I am able to combine my lifelong love of showing movement and sport.
In my private work, I am working on a series of pieces revolving around a friend of my daughter’s who died from a drug overdose at the age of eighteen, taking Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass as my inspiration.